Please Patronize Our Sponsors!

Shop Little and Filtered Cigars at Discount Prices! USA TODAY Sports Weekly Buy.com Shop Starbucks

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cabo San Lucas After Dark With Ray Posado

Here it is the middle of July and things are really heating up here in Los Cabos. This time of year your schedule changes and Geckos hide under the rocks in the heat of the day. With Temperatures approaching the century mark, sweet relief from the heat can be found with air conditioning by day and going out at night. The Latter is what this about...
The first stop I needed to make at about 9:30 PM was for Dinner at one of my favorite places in the Marina that is owned by a friend of mine and they never will let you down. They offer everything from Sushi to Steaks and the food is fantastic and a great place to People watch.
When you visit Cabo you must try Solomon's Landing in the Marina and tell them Ray Posado sent you. Oh did I mention they have Killer Desserts too? Having fueled up on a wonderful fresh filet of Wahoo it was time for me to head out into the night...
The Marina in Cabo at night is an eclectic blend of sounds, smells and people that is similar to a European Sea Port but only much warmer and the Language is much more Romantic to Listen to. The occasional Lone Mariachi can be seen strumming and tuning his Guitar followed by a chiclet vendor. As I left Solomons Landing I asked myself where I should go and my feet answered me by carrying me to The Tanga Tanga.
My friends Robert and Daniel were at the bar when I arrived at The Tanga Tanga. They both have boats in the Marina and look to the Tanga Tanga as a place to obtain customers for Fishing Charters and do quite well doing so. I had a Shot of Casa Noble Tequila with them and I was off again into the night in search of who knows what at this point but I knew whatever it was it was going to be fun and result in me sleeping in to beat the heat on a lazy Sunday. I made the decision to head over to check things out at another favorite locals hangout on Marina Blvd and just like that I was off...
I arrived at my next stop the Cabo Lounge to find people sitting outside which was unusual to me but when I found out that the inside was packed I did not further question why. It was now nearing 11 PM and the 2 block stroll from the previous watering hole had made me thirsty once again so I ordered up a Casa Noble Tequila with a Coke Chaser and checked my email on their house computer as getting email on my smartphone is not something I like to do ( the screen is too small ). After visiting with a few close friends for the better part of 30 minutes I was off again into the night...
As I was heading to my next destination I was sidetracked by Slims Elbow Room aka The Worlds Smallest Bar! The place holds more Tequila Bottles than it does People as seen here...
The bar has a capacity of about 6 people including the Bartender. The only exception to this rule I can think of is if Circus Vargas is in town and a clown car pulls up front and 48 Clowns pile out of a VW Beetle. Great little place to get your drink on with many Tequilas to choose from at reasonable prices for a Marina Blvd Haunt. I had my shot and I was off to my next stop...
It was time for me to hit Rip's which is a local institution located in the Plaza Mariachi right below the World Famous Cabo Wabo Cantina.
This open air bar has everything you need and if they do not have it then you can find it in the open air festive atmosphere that surrounds Rip's. From Tacos to Tequila to T-Shirts this Plaza has it all. I had myself a couple of Casa Noble Shots here and shot the breeze with friends as the clock struck Midnight. Wanting to keep on the move so the sweat did not have time to gather on me I got up from my stool and headed out across the Street to one of the oldest if not oldest place in Cabo, The Giggling Marlin.
In the early 1970's Cabo San Lucas was not much more than a sleepy Fishing Village with few roads and even fewer buildings. The Giggling Marlin was far from what it is today and started out as a Taco Cart but has expanded to become an institution Loved by Locals and Tourist from all over the world. They also have brought new meaning to the term "Hangout Spot" as witnessed below...
Seeing a few of my friends I had myself a shot of Tequila and then grabbed a Cuban Cigar at the cigar store at the entrance to the Marlin and I was off again heading to Squid Roe...
Arriving at Squid Roe I noticed the place was packed and now that it was after 1 AM I thought it might be best if I grabbed some Tacos at my favorite place for Pastor Tacos I know of before they closed, so I was off to Pepe's Tacos...
Pepe's who also has a location in Puerto Vallarta is famous for their Pastor Tacos and if you have never tried them you are truly missing the worlds best taco! Especially one from Pepe's!
Artful craftsman take sharp knives and carve the succulent meat much like a sculptor takes to granite and then tops it by flicking a pineapple slice from above the meat onto the taco which makes for the most desired taco in all of Mexico!
These ain't no Gringo Tacos these are the real deal! I started off with 4 of them along with a Double Shot of Casa Noble and a Coke.
Ok call me a pig, but I ordered 2 more! They are awesome! Now it was time to sit back and order another Casa Noble and People Watch! Locals get freaky at night and are fun to watch as seen here...

Finishing up my Tacos & Tequila it was now getting close to 2 AM. Even though the bars would be open for another 2 hours or so I noticed my batteries on my phone and camera were getting low so I thought I would call it a night. What better way too than on a full tummy of Taco Goodness! Squid Roe would have to wait until next time. It will be there and so will I so in closing I headed off into the night to my bungalow in search of slumber...

Saludos,
Ray Posado